Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: O&M Technician
Reports To: O&M Manager, Superintendent
Location: San Diego
Coordination: Field Management
Summary of Role
Sustineo Solar is seeking a qualified Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Technician with experience in renewable energy to join our O &M Department. The O & M Field Technician will be responsible for tracking system performance via live web portals, responding to service requests, communicating service schedules with customers, and performing field service including maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of battery energy storage systems (roof and ground mount). The Sustineo candidate should have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting capabilities, and excellent organizational skills necessary to achieve production and must be capable of working independently or in a team environment.
Sustineo is seeking an O&M Technician who is passionate about renewable energy technology, has excellent collaboration and communication skills, and will thrive in a rapidly evolving industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all projects in web-enabled portals
- Ensure systems are meeting production output targets, and schedule preventative or corrective services when warranted
- Perform field diagnosis and troubleshoot various project systems issues such as inverters, switchgear, transformers, breakers, communications equipment, etc.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Create and/or respond to support tickets
- Handle scheduling with clients when field service is required
- Work with other members of the maintenance team, sub-contractors, and other groups to continuously improve the process and system performance, drive product quality and maintenance cost improvement
- Assist in training other O&M Technicians, or co-workers as required
- Must demonstrate exemplary ethics and professional standards at all times
Shall Exhibit the Following Expertise:
- Preferred experience with PV maintenance, including DC systems, AC medium voltage systems, and network communications and monitoring
- Computer proficiency and ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Ability to learn and use project management software such as ProCore
- Ability to use CRM online systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications
- Minimum GED or HS diploma required; college degree preferred
NABCEP certification is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience in maintaining and troubleshooting machinery or electrical equipment preferred in the renewable energy industry
- Willingness to travel as required
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders and stairs when required on-site visits
- Must be able to wear PPE as required for specific clients and sites
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Other Pertinent Information:
The position will be staffed full-time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. Candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at: Careers@SustineoPlanet.com