Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: Project Administrator
Reports To: Project Manager and Engineering Manager
Location: San Diego
Coordination: Accounting, Field, Graphics, and Business Development
Summary of Role:
In this role, you would be responsible for supporting both the Construction and Engineering departments with a wide-ranging array of tasks, with strong planning, time management, task management, and strong oral and written communication skills. You would be the project manager’s right hand, responsible for keeping the project moving forward by making sure everyone has what they need. Within the construction department, the Project Administrator assists the Project Manager with procurement, coordinating jobsite setup and logistics, budgeting, writing purchase orders, assembling closeout documentation, and troubleshooting installed systems. Within the engineering department, the Project Administrator assists the Engineering Manager with drawing PV systems and site layout plans in AutoCAD, responding to RFIs, creating as-built drawing, and managing engineering subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support project managers with tasks such as due diligence process, organizing data for development proposals, processing financial invoices and confirming costs for projects, and internal review of contracts and documents.
- Support project execution through responsibilities such as supporting vendor management, processing project documents, attending project meetings, assisting with agendas/minutes for project meetings, communication with project team, and processing payables/receivables.
- Assist in preparing project status reports and financial updates as well as provide support in all aspects of construction development for multiple project managers.
- Collaborate with Construction Project Management to issue purchase orders, schedule deliveries, create and update project schedule, create RFI’s and Submittals in Procore, upload drawings to Procore, send RFP’s to subcontractors, attend project site walks, assemble project closeout documentation, and assist with any miscellaneous tasks at jobsite.
- Collaborate with Engineering to create and edit plan sets in AutoCAD, respond to AHJ and permitting comments, create helioscope models and apply for permits and utility metering.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction.
- 2-5 years of on-the-job solar energy experience.
- Administrative support experience in construction or project management a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Sage, Paperless, AutoCAD, AlsoEnergy, Procore, Sitedocs, and GanttProject.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- CPR First Aid Certification.
Shall Exhibit the Following Expertise:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, high degree of accuracy, and ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated enough to work independently and be a committed team player in unison.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Computer literacy and ability to quickly learn the company’s management systems.
Other Pertinent Information:
The position will be staffed full-time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. The candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at: Careers@SustineoPlanet.com