Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: O&M Technician
Reports To: O&M Manager, Superintendent
Location: San Diego
Coordination: Field Management
Summary Of Role
Supervise and coordinate mechanics, schedules, and project priorities. Inspect, examine, and test buildings, equipment, parts, or vehicles to determine condition and necessary work. Order parts and supplies and ensure appropriate inventory to complete jobs. Must be able to utilize applications on an iPad and be technologically savvy.
Foreman position for multi-site, national workforce self-performing mechanical work, including HVAC/Sheet Metal, plumbing, or piping and related equipment/appurtenances. Position is a field Foreman position supervising installation crew(s), usually assigned to one specialty. Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises labor management of mechanical trade personnel assigned by Mechanical Superintendent.
- Handles material management.
- Performs tool management.
- Schedules day-to-day work within project master schedule.
- Oversees Subcontractor trade scheduling.
- Performs job walks and estimating feedback to support change estimates, and project change orders.
- Ensures key mechanical work milestones/deliverables are met.
- Performs Foreman related duties on a phase-by-phase (site specific) basis.
- Ensures safe practices and support and comply with Raging Wire Data Centers (RDC) safety program.
- Supports and complies with RDC employee policies, including confidentiality and Code of Ethics programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Field safety management; construction site orientation.
- Ability to travel and manage on California sites
- Full use of sight, hearing and voice are required as well as full motor skills.
- Requires standing, climbing, stretching, bending, and working under raised floors. As well as the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Exemplary communication and management skills
- Ability to climb ladders and work on raised platform.
- Rigging, Aerial Lifts
- Safe working practices
- Time Management skills
- Project Planning and paperless technical abilities
- Must be comfortable working in a highly critical, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Utilize current technology for availability.
- Must wear appropriate PPE safety gear and manage others to do the same.
- Must possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Journeyman’s license (Master License preferred)
- OSHA 10 certification required (30 preferred)
- Hilti fastening systems certification preferred
- Specialized courses (scheduling, leadership, computers) preferred
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and layout experience; plumbing and piping experience
- Apprenticeship graduation desired
- 5+ years based on experience in the mechanical trades with specialty
- 5+ years based on experience in the commercial construction sec
- 5+ years based on experience with rigging coordination
Other Pertinent Information:
- The position will be staffed full time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. Candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
- If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at: Careers@SustineoPlanet.com