Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer PE
Reports To: CEO
Location: Southern California Based
Coordination: Manage and Coordinate Engineering Projects’ Operations
Summary of Role:
In this role, you would enjoy building upon a dynamic engineering team and driving momentum of a leading engineering firm in the renewable energy industry. The right candidate will enter the team as a Senior Design Engineer and will be managed by the CEO and will collaborate directly with the Company VP to divide and execute project workload. Depending upon their experience, this person will have the opportunity to manage other Project Engineers and Designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with CEO, VP, Designers and Customers to provide the electrical design of renewable energy projects, energy storage, and other electrical infrastructure projects.
- Communicate with local utilities and AHJs to ensure designs meet all requirements for interconnection and operation.
- Coordinate the interconnection of renewable energy systems at primary voltages.
- Design protection and relaying systems. Design building electrical systems. Lighting loads, demand loads.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PV Syst, and Helioscope.
- Perform electrical calculations associated with design of DC, AC and MV electrical systems.
- System modeling in ETAP.
- Proficient in Arc Flash Analysis.
- Manage projects through design and construction including RFI response and meetings.
- Manage client portfolios and daily needs.
- Perform site visits to determine electrical interconnection viability and conduit routing gear placement and architectural layout. (ADA Compliance)
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the company including equipment selection and financial modeling.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Professional Engineering License in Electrical Engineering.
- Engineering Degree from ABET Accredited Program.
- Utility or MV Design Experience.
- PV Project Design Experience-BESS, DSA, federal, microgrid and off-grid systems, AC coupling and DC coupling.
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, MS Project, AutoCAD, and ETAP.
- Strong work ethic with self-motivated mentality with a team leader and mentor disposition.
- Customer orientated with positive outlook.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and through email.
- Decision-making ability.
- NABCEP Certification
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
- Construction Project Management experience
- Management experience in the field
Other Pertinent Information:
The position will be staffed full-time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. The candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at: Careers@SustineoPlanet.com