Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: PV System Design Intern
Reports To: Project Engineering Manager
Location: Southern California Based
Coordination: PV System Modeling, System CAD Design, Module, Inverter, and Racking Manufacturers
Summary of Role
In this role, you will learn from project engineers, NABCEP certified professionals, and electrical foremen about how PV systems in the C&I fields are modeled with the most advanced modeling tools, how to translate the model into an Issued For Construction planset, and how to coordinate with AHJ’s, field surveyors, and master electricians regarding RFI’s and design changes. The role begins with excellent analysis skills and ends with advanced understanding of solar PV systems and achievement of professional credentials such as B.S. degree in fields of engineering, E.I.T. certification, and NABCEP registration.
Opportunities and Target Skills System Modeling
Identify major components of the system model based on current and future technology advancements Learn advanced modeling software related to feasibility studies Compare preliminary models to applicable Codes & Standards Translation of system models into power production estimates Coordination of system production with utility rates and customer payback SYSTEM DESIGN Review existing site conditions in relation to PV Verification of National Electric Codes and International Building Codes applicable Application of modern racking options using advanced software tools Assembly of Design Packages (Utility Submittal, Issue for Permit, Issue for Construction, & As-Built)
Coordination with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
Scheduling and submittal of design packages to all AHJ departments Qualifying of AHJ comments regarding conformance with Codes and Standards Preparation for AHJ & 3rd party inspections
Coordinate with Construction Crew
Detailed design based on existing & unexpected site conditions
Related Experience and Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma, or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and experience preferred
- Willingness to Travel
- Valid CA Driver’s License is Required
- Proficiency with advanced spreadsheet creation
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and similar industry standard CAD software
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organized individuals, that thrive in process driven as well as creative environments
- Strong writing, documentation, and communications skills
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle multiple projects
- Must maintain a calm professional demeanor and work effectively even under high stress and significant pressure from both internal and external objectives SHALL EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING EXPERTISE
- Pursuit of credentials, such as B.S. degree in fields of engineering, E.I.T. certification, and registered NABCEP professional
- Excellent PC computer skills, highly proficient in Excel, as well as the MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail and a good understanding of electrical equipment
- Demonstrated application of current software used to produce system designs
- Knowledge of Adobe/BlueBeam software and AutoCAD
Other Pertinent Information
Sustineo’s Solar101 class, provided by NABCEP certified professionals, will provide you with an overview of PV system components and help identify your interests and strengths. Position will be staffed full time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click ‘apply now’ and submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you.