Sustineo is enhancing the current workforce with professional and qualified thought leaders in the commercial solar industry that thrive in a dynamic and growing team atmosphere. Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship and delighting our clients to ensure each project is successful for both partners and valued customers. Sustineo is a company of leaders in the commercial solar industry that collectively thrive on performing professionally, with quality and integrity, for both the results of our performance and to also drive our daily interactions. The Sustineo team continues to remain competitive in the commercial renewable energy industry with a standard of excellence that creates clients for life, while fulfilling and exceeding expectations on EPC contracts as well as O&M contracts, throughout the United States.
Job Title: Senior Solar Project Manager
Reports To: Vice President
Location: Southern California Based
Coordination: Scope, Schedule, Budgets, Subcontractors, Safety, & QA/QC
Summary of Role:
In this important company role, you will be Sustineo’s primary contact with our customers and or/host customers, vendors as well as the hub of communications for the design-build team. Sustineo’s team members are comprised of engineers, technical staff, field crews, and highly qualified Superintendents who will be working with you and relying on your effective communications to manage all aspects of the mechanical and electrical work associated with our commercial solar projects ranging in size from 250-kW to 2.5MW. Exceptional communications with subcontractors and clients will be necessary in your role and you will communicate cross-culturally with executives, construction management as well as our most valued clients in a fast-paced environment. You may be required to travel to project sites to check on project performance. You will be responsible for the successful management of Sustineo’s EPC contracts to our clients while ensuring we meet our scope of work obligations, we are on schedule, and the company achieves its required gross margins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning & Scheduling Coordinate with Superintendents, Project Administrators, and Senior staff. Assemble preliminary and estimated schedules for pre-construction planning. Manage project budgets, track potential change orders, and coordinate material take-off assembly. Define project scopes of work for both internal and external work. Team & Management Lead weekly project management meetings and have excellent communication skills. Coordinate with clients, manage project team, lead & drive the success of the project.
Set goals & objectives that your team needs to achieve, and provide feedback and metrics to track project and team performance. Responsible for tracking and understanding both upstream and downstream scopes of work. Budgeting & Financial Reporting The successful candidate will have managed projects ranging in size from $500K to $5M Coordinate with senior & executive management on project financials. Provide forecasts on the cost to complete and estimated hours remaining. Compare estimates vs. actuals and track financial metrics within the Sage 100 Contractor accounting system. Approve billing, material, and subcontractor costs while reporting to the accounting department Subcontractor Scope of work coordination and tracking. Interview and screen potential subcontractors. Coordinate, report and manage filed crews on lead times for equipment. Negotiate new supplier agreements.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required; construction management, and engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in the commercial solar and/or storage industry with technical project management experience in a senior position.
• PMP Certification
• Advanced understanding and knowledge of safety OSHA requirements/regulations.
• Proven ability to manage schedules, understand target/required margins, come in under budget, troubleshoot difficult situations, manage personalities, and motivate a team.
• Ability to work efficiently, and juggle multiple projects.
• Exceptional communications skills and calm professional demeanor with an ability to work effectively even under high-stress situations with significant pressure from both internal and external objectives.
• Extensive experience with EPC contracts, the scope of work, and schedule of values as it pertains to positive cash flow billing practices.
• Willingness to travel when required.
Shall Exhibit the Following Expertise:
• Excellent PC computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Gantt Charts, and high-level performance in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Planner, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive)
• Familiarity with: AutoCAD, Helioscope, and PV Syst
• Proficiency with daily construction management paperwork & daily reports
• Proficiency with planning/scheduling/PM software (Gantt Project, and Procore)
• Industry software job experience and familiarity with Sage 100 Contractor, Adobe Acrobat, and/or Bluebeam
• Profitability and cost analysis management skills
• Contract negotiations and strategic alliances
• Finance, budgeting, and cost management
• Team building and performance improvement management
• Manage tactical issues and employ an effective strategy for win-win solutions
• Advanced critical thinking skills and ability to manage personalities in a fast pace environment
• Sales and marketing leadership with vendors, clients, and other project managers
• Positive attitude with a focus on creating solid working relationships that foster long term client relationships and workflow processes for the company
Other Pertinent Information:
While we prefer the position to be staffed full-time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters, we will consider remote work configurations with commuting to San Diego for regular leadership meetings. The candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining our team, you can also submit your cover letter and resume to our HR department at: Careers@SustineoPlanet.com