Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life. This position will operate robotic washing units in the southern California area to maintain the highest quality of performance.
Job Title: Robotic Module Washing Technician
Reports To: Field Management
Location: Southern California
Coordination: Project Management, Field Team, Fleet
Summary of Role:
In this role, you would be responsible for the timely completion of solar photovoltaic panel washings, following best rooftop and overall safe construction site practices. The PV washer will work collaboratively and independently on all photovoltaic systems while building out the company’s fully operational washing department of photovoltaic systems. We are looking for a team member who is comfortable working on roofs, has solar experience, great communication skills, comes with references, and can choose the best solution when it comes to solving problems. This position will run robotic machinery, manage jobs for all sites in southern California and train other individuals. This position reports to our preventative maintenance department in our Operations and Maintenance division of the company and requires great communication skills with the ability to complete tasks unsupervised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Wash PV systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
• Assemble robots or support structures, as specified.
• Apply water connections as specified from buildings, or support mechanisms.
• Determine appropriate sizes, and locations for all system devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
• Install robot parts and hoses as needed before, during and after washings.
• Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting robots on arrays to ensure efficient washing, configuration, or system maintenance.
• Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards as well as current requirements associated with PV washing.
• Determine construction project layouts; select construction materials and equipment; create efficient washing plans of the day.
• Perform routine PV system maintenance.
• Eventually test green technology installations to verify performance.
• Maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance.
• Travel, Operate and store valuable company equipment to specific company codes and policy.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Previous experience with PV solar required.
- Previous experience utilizing power and hand tools required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Provide regular travel requirements and maintain company property to the highest standards.
Shall Exhibit the Following Expertise:
- Thorough knowledge of solar electric installation principles and techniques.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. regularly.
- OSHA 10 Certification a plus.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, work from heights, work on feet for an extended period in diverse weather conditions.
- Clean driving records
Other Pertinent Information:
The position will be staffed full-time in Southern California, at our San Diego headquarters. The candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S. Sustineo is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click ‘apply now’ and submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you.