Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals that thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Job Title: Solar Photovoltaic Installer
Reports To: Field Management
Coordination: Project Management, Field Team, Fleet
Summary of Role:
In this role, you would be responsible for the timely completion of solar electric installations, following best installation and safety practices. The PV Installer will work side-by-side with other crew members and install all photovoltaic system components while assisting in the operation of a fully operation functional photovoltaic system. We are looking for a team member who is comfortable working on roofs, has solar installation experience, has great communication skills, and can choose the best solution when it comes to solving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install PV systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards as well as current requirements associated with PV installations.
- Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects and test for proper functioning; resolve any deficiencies.
- Determine construction project layouts; select construction materials and equipment; create installation diagrams.
- Perform routine PV system maintenance.
- Test green technology installations to verify performance.
- Maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
Previous experience with PV solar electric installation required.
Previous experience utilizing power and hand tools required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Shall Exhibit the Following Expertise:
Thorough knowledge of solar electric installation principles and techniques.
Basic understanding of electrical wiring.
Ability to lift 50+ lbs. regularly.
OSHA 10 Certification a plus.
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and work from heights; work on feet for an extended period of time in diverse weather conditions.
Other Pertinent Information:
The position will be staffed full-time in Bakersfield, California. The candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click ‘apply now’ and submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you.