Job Title: Electrician
Reports To: Site Superintendent, Project Admin, Management
Location: Southern California Based
Coordination: Site Superintendent, Project Admin, Management
Sustineo is committed to excellence in workmanship, delighting our clients, and ensuring each project is successful for all project partners. We have been in business for over a decade and operate in California, Arizona, and New Jersey. Sustineo is looking for hardworking, qualified individuals who thrive in a team atmosphere. We are an industry leader in the solar business and continue to remain competitive because of our extraordinary teamwork and focus on creating clients for life.
Summary of Role
In this role, you will support our construction staff in completing projects safely, on schedule, and on budget. Candidates will need a team mindset and be willing to complete tasks given to them to aid in completion of projects and company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead teams of electricians and apprentices in the completion of electrical tasks.
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
- Coach electricians in the training of apprentices.
- Work with Site Superintendent to ensure work is completed on schedule.
- Assist Site Superintendent in completing material take offs.
- Installation of electrical systems for commercial solar projects.
- Includes (but not limited to) underground and overhead conduit (PVC, RMC, IMC EMT), setting and mounting equipment, AC/DC wiring, and DAS installation.
- Operation of equipment relevant to installation, i.e. Bender, Threader, Puller, etc.
- Troubleshoot installation problems and be able to propose potential solutions.
Related Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Must be willing to travel.
- Possess a current and valid Journeyman License/Electrician Certification.
- Minimum of one year with Journeyman License.
- Minimum of four years of electrical installation and repair experience.
- Minimum OSHA 10 (OSHA 30 preferred).
- Strong understanding of the importance of safety policy and procedures.
- Understand the importance of communication as it relates to the construction process.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret one line & CAD drawings.
- Knowledge of current NEC and ability to navigate it.
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing and how to adjust for environmental factors.
- Willing to work with and develop apprentices. You will facilitate their success.
- Willing to perform work as directed in high pressure situations.
- Must maintain a clean and valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to work in various positions, including (but not limited to) stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Constantly work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate machinery and equipment, and determine accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on surfaces of various heights and angles.
- EOE. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.